V6 tyre suggestions please! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes

AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage
I found a website the other week which listed all prices of online tyres. My Sport Contacts were cheapest at... Kiwk-Fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENICH View Post
I found a website the other week which listed all prices of online tyres. My Sport Contacts were cheapest at... Kiwk-Fit.
I found Kwik-fit cheapest for Dunlop Sport Maxx RTs fitted to my V6. The tyres seem more than ok but the car is weekend use only. Take care they don't over torque the bolts though...

(I believe the Dunlop brand is still split between Goodyear and Sumitomo Rubber - in Europe and USA it is Goodyear, in Japan / Japanese implants in the USA it is Sumitomo controlled).
cgc
AO Member

County: Monmouthshire
I nearly got the Dunlop's RT's, but eventually opted for the Goodyear's. The Dunlop's do look a good tyre.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #29 of 36 Old 09-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Devon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Alfa Andy View Post
Tyre leader
Cam skill is 2.20 cheaper for four!!
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
I've got Bridgestone Potenza's on mine they seem really good in the dry but havn't been in too much wet yet. I get my tyres from a local company, who are good value and look after the wheels when taking them off and don't use the power gun when putting them back on.
AO Member

County: -
Dunlop or Goodyear have the lowest decibel ratings and I know you want to hear your exhaust not the tyres! I went for Sport Maxx and very happy with them.
AO Silver Member

County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowey View Post
Have previously had Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric, and Pirelli P Zero Nero both of which I rate highly. Goodyear a little more so as more progressive and wore better. Pirelli grip was mighty though.

After a few big bills on the V6 this year I opted for Uniroyal Rainsports to save a few pounds and because it rains so much anyway in the UK.

The Rainsports have a noticeably softer side-wall. The feel of which on the rear of the car is really communicative which I'm really enjoying. Not so keen on them on the front end as they seem to tramline and wander a lot more than the previously mentioned.

Grip is still good in the dry and wet grip is exceptional.

The Hankook Ventus V2's you mentioned I have on the rear of my Audi A2, They have done 23k and are starting to crack before the tread is worn.
I had some uniroyal rainsports on the front of mine
looked cool with the fancy colours in the tread
wore them out within 2 months though and dry grip not as good as the p zero nero I always use
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
If you want decent budget ones 50 -60 then Kumho Ecsta HS51s are a reasonable choice.

I recently replaced all four (V6 Spider) with these and find them really quite good. Once run in I took them for testing to find the break away point and they hung on much longer than I expected. Very good in the wet as well. So if money is a consideration you could do much worse for the price.
(Post Link) post #34 of 36 Old 12-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by james2375 View Post
Dunlop or Goodyear have the lowest decibel ratings and I know you want to hear your exhaust not the tyres! I went for Sport Maxx and very happy with them.
You know it!
How much were your Sport Maxx set? (If you dont mind me asking?)
(Post Link) post #35 of 36 Old 11-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Ok chaps - thanks for all your advice - I am now sporting a set of Eagle F1 Assym. 3's. Initial impressions are that they look a bit like tractor tyres!! They are much chunkier than my old tyres, even taking the wear and tear in consideration. In combination with new springs and shocks, the car feels and looks quite a bit higher at the back which isn't quite so welcome....
Anyway, hopefully the performance will make up for that.
cgc
AO Member

County: Monmouthshire
They do have a lot of tread on them, but I think they are a soft compound so will grip and wear a bit more. Pilot Sport 4's for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
suggestions , tyre