Gtv 3.0 v6 powerflex engine bush - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sraouf

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 23-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Staffordshire
Gtv 3.0 v6 powerflex engine bush

Hi guys, is the ts and the v6 engine mount bush the same? Been looking at the powerflex ones (the bush on the top left hand corner on the v6.

Can't seem to find a 3.0v6 just ts and 2.0v6

Anyone know if they are the same?
Thanks Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

cgc
AO Member

County: Monmouthshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonalfaspider View Post
Hi guys, is the ts and the v6 engine mount bush the same? Been looking at the powerflex ones (the bush on the top left hand corner on the v6.

Can't seem to find a 3.0v6 just ts and 2.0v6

Anyone know if they are the same?
Thanks Jon
They aren't the same but powerflex do do them for the V6 as I have one fitted.
(Post Link) post #3 of 11 Old 23-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Staffordshire
Thanks buddy, I will take another look

cgc
AO Member

County: Monmouthshire
AO Member

County: Surrey
Fitted one to my V6 and it really does make a difference to handling especially torque steer as there's less engine movement.
AO Member

County: East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by sraouf View Post
Fitted one to my V6 and it really does make a difference to handling especially torque steer as there's less engine movement.
Did you have trouble getting the existing bush out/new bush in?

I'm debating whether I need a garage to fit it for me
AO Member

It was relatively straightforward compared to suspension bushes I removed the whole arm (easy) and ground out the old bush using a mini tool (took a bit of patience). The Powerflex bush is push fit and slides in with very little effort.
AO Member

Quote:
It was relatively straightforward compared to suspension bushes I removed the whole arm (easy) and ground out the old bush using a mini tool (took a bit of patience). The Powerflex bush is push fit and slides in with very little effort.
Thanks, sounds relatively easy then!

What trouble did you have with suspension bushes?
AO Member

unlike the engine bay you'll encounter rust and seized bolts and the old bushes are a pig to remove without a 15 ton press, although once again the powerflex ones come in two halves and can be pushed in by hand. Also if the cars a keeper (and mine certainly is) once you remove the suspension components to get to the bushes you will want to derust and repaint everything. Then you decide you might as well replace the shocks as they have almost no gas pressure. Then you will notice some of the brake lines are corroded and need to replace or at least splice some new pipes in. Then you notice the bump stops have corroded and snapped off so you will want to fit new ones while everything is off. Then you'll decide to refurbish the calipers while you're at it. Then you put everything back together and notice you now have excess negative camber so you have to slot the upper arms to make the camber adjustable

Apart from that its a piece of cake.....
Matt GTV likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
unlike the engine bay you'll encounter rust and seized bolts and the old bushes are a pig to remove without a 15 ton press, although once again the powerflex ones come in two halves and can be pushed in by hand. Also if the cars a keeper (and mine certainly is) once you remove the suspension components to get to the bushes you will want to derust and repaint everything. Then you decide you might as well replace the shocks as they have almost no gas pressure. Then you will notice some of the brake lines are corroded and need to replace or at least splice some new pipes in. Then you notice the bump stops have corroded and snapped off so you will want to fit new ones while everything is off. Then you'll decide to refurbish the calipers while you're at it. Then you put everything back together and notice you now have excess negative camber so you have to slot the upper arms to make the camber adjustable

Apart from that its a piece of cake.....
Haha, I think I'll be getting somebody else to do that if my bushes give up

I think they might be on the front though, I'm getting quite a bit of squeaking
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage
Anyone had any issues with the incorrect item in the box for the V6? I ordered part: PFF1-814 same as the link above but one bush is smaller than the other and is too small for the alfa arm.

After doing more searching it appears to be the right part for the V6 (at least majority of them). However my dog bone mount has the same size bush either side which appears to be different to other V6's I have seen on here, so looks like I might have to buy 2 kits to use the 1 size which fit both sides....

Last edited by Kenich; 13-08-16 at 13:51.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
bush , engine , gtv , powerflex