connectors galore but non seem to fit! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 03-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2.4 Spider

connectors galore but non seem to fit!

Hey everyone, after a wriggly passenger set off my airbag light i decided to take a look under the passenger seat to see what was going on down there.

I havent looked since friday so forgive any innacuracies in the description but from what i remember, I've got 2 connectors not connected to anything - 1 being a white plastic rectangle with what i recall was a 2 pin female connection of some sort inside the end, the other being a black connector, with 2 pins. When i saw them i though "Aha, stick the two together and job done" but tried and they just will not fit. the casings just wont allow it!

I've also got another "connector dangling, same white plastic block shape as the first but this has no connections, its just a solid block with an orange piece on the end... i think it was labelled R45 or something similar....

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

'01 GTV 3.0V6

Re: connectors galore but non seem to fit!

Suprised no one knowledgeable has answered you yet, so instead I'll have a go.
My car is 2001 UK model. Under my seats are the pretensioner connectors which are yellow sheathed wires with yellow rectangular shaped block connectors which fit together. At one end the cable runs to the seatbelt socket, and the other end emerges from the carpet directly under the seat.
Does your car have heated seats perhaps? That could account for extra wires.
Probably worth pulling the passenger seat right out (4 allen bolts) and having a proper look. It could be that someone has previously tried to bodge a connection together using whatever connections they could and that could be why your squirming passenger managed to disconnect it. (Why were they wriggling so?)
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 05-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2.4 Spider

Re: connectors galore but non seem to fit!

evenin fantom, cheers for the post, i shall probably get the seat out at the weekend if the mrs doesnt drag me off somewhere like she somehow always manages to do... I'm thinking no to the heated seats, i wish i had them though, gets a bit perky in the mornings sitting on the leather! And as for the wriggly passenger, i could keep all quiet and coy and mention something about the effect on girls etc etc, but the honest answer is that my housemate started jumping up and down in it when i first had it through excitement. always nice but after having the car for a week only for the dreaded light to come on i wasnt impressed!!!!

will keep you posted when i get round to the job

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

connectors , fit , galore