iCarsoft diagnostic scanner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bambi_

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 04-04-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

GTV

iCarsoft diagnostic scanner

Hi. I am wondering if anyone has experience with this hand held examiner for Alfa Romeo cars. My laptop has broken and I don't want to go out and buy another just so that I can fix a few Alfas I have now and then.

Any experience would be greatly received.

Thank you.

http://www.icarsoft.com/web/icarsoft...ewkeyword=Alfa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Somerset
I could be wrong, but i suspect this will only deal with engine, not airbag, steering, brakes etc
AO Member

County: Norfolk-
Hi Bambi, ive seen these on ebay and it does state they will read and clear engine,ABS and airbag codes but I would just check with the seller for your own piece of mind

(Post Link) post #4 of 11 Old 06-04-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

Thanks for replying Dralf1965 & Andyspider916.
My laptop broke and right now I need a diagnostic scanner. So I decided to take the plunge and buy it. Hopefully it is reasonable.
Once I receive it and use it a little, I will report whether it is decent or not.
Scuba Steve likes this.
(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 27-04-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

Do not bother buying the i950 diagnostic examiner.
Before buying it I emailed the seller, www.ukpartsdirect.com. I asked if the i950 operated on the GTV 3.0Litre 2001 (Jan) euro 2. He replied back saying, "I can confirm your Alfa GTV will be covered". I took that as a yes. Good. I'll buy it I thought to myself.

Read on..... The fairy tale continues boys and girls.

His website also states that:

"The iCarsoft i990 is a hand-held diagnostic tool, offering comprehensive system coverage for both Alfa Romeo and Fiat. Full System Diagnostics including Engine, Auto Transmission, ABS, Airbag and so much more... Buy DIRECT from the Official UK iCarsoft Outlet and receive a Genuine iCarsoft Registered Tool with Full Warranty and Free Expert Support from our UK based Engineers. In addition, we offer you DIRECT Software Updates and Support - BUY SMART - BUY GENUINE."

Unfortunately this piece of &@$;&@? cannot do very much at all on the GTV.
It cannot scan the ABS ecu on the GTV.
It cannot scan the air bag ecu on the GTV.
It could not even detect faulty lambda sensors.

I have two GTVs needing lambda sensor replacement running very rich. I plugged the i950 into both of these and it reported that the engine management was running fine showing no faults nor error codes. This is in light of Fiat Examiner Computer(professional) a few months prior detecting faulty lambda sensors on both cars.

I wrote to the seller explaining the situation and this is the reply he sent.
"The i950 does cover a multitude of modules (Engine, ABS, Airbag, Transmission etc etc) but your vehicle is not OBDII compatible." This reply is very different to what he initially wrote. That being, "I can confirm your Alfa GTV will be covered". It is like chalk and cheese.

Without going into the details he has offered to refund the purchase price but not shipping from England to Australia. However for the refund to take place he wants me to ship it back to England at my expense. I have emailed the head office in America and they do not want to know about it.

It should be quite very simple. It does not work. You lied and misinformed the customer. So refund the moneys.

STAY AWAY from this piece of @$$@&(;?'ljj!!!
Do not buy it. Do not waste your time. It is an absolute piece of rubbish sold by a lot of common @$$@&?@$$&. Thieves come to mind. I would stay clear of www.ukpartsdirect.com

Posted by an Angry car owner.
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Thanks !I owe you one Bambi. I'm an Apple user so can't use all the proven windows based software. I was one click away from buying this POS.
(Post Link) post #7 of 11 Old 28-04-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJR68 View Post
Thanks !I owe you one Bambi. I'm an Apple user so can't use all the proven windows based software. I was one click away from buying this POS.

I am glad that I have saved one person from misery.
GJR68;14723274, you obviously read their spiel on their website and thought that the i950 was compatible with the GTV. I wonder how many people have been unfortunate and sucked in by the misinformation on their website.
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Problem is, it gets ok reviews for other car makes on the forums which I had checked up on. Need to get myself a cheap windows based laptop and download the alfa diag.
AO Silver Member

County: Bristol
If you have an android smart phone there is AlfaObd app. Not cheap tho and you need a Bluetooth dongle.Not tried it myself.
(Post Link) post #10 of 11 Old 06-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdanny View Post
If you have an android smart phone there is AlfaObd app. Not cheap tho and you need a Bluetooth dongle.Not tried it myself.
Deliberation........ I have decided to buy a laptop. Cheers.
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage

Member car:

Giulietta 1.4 TB

Anybody used one with a Giulietta (2010) or a Mito (2008)? Obviously Bambi had a bad experience with his 2001 GTV but is it supposed to work with a GTV of that age? Very bad of the supplier to not give the right information but that doesn't mean a iCarSoft won't work perfectly with the right age of Alfa.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
diagnostic , icarsoft , scanner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page