Alfa Romeo Code won't allow car to start
Hello users this is my first post (not the last, as the forum looks amazing) so please bear with my errors. Thanks in advance.
I have a 97 Alfa Romeo GTV which I have since almost new (it was a press car and I bought it with under 10k km). I have always loved it dearly and love to drive it but recently due to outside problem I have not been able to drive it for around 4 months. This has caused the battery to go dead, to solve this I bought a battery charger and maintainer (Black and Decker BDV090) which I plugged in to charge the battery (after of course thanking the mother of the engineer who decided to put the battery in its lovely and accessible location).
The battery is now charged but not completely (as the battery warning light on the dash stays on when turning the key to marcia).
My problem is that the Alfa Romeo Code light also stays on, after reading the manual about it and consulting all the forums and trying most of the solutions I am unable to start the car (the starter spins the engine but it doesn't actually start). To try and fix this I have:
- Disconnected the battery for over 2 hours (meant to reset everything).
- Tried to start the car with both the Normal and Master keys.
- Tried starting the car with one key while wiggling the other close to the CODE aerial.
- Disconnected the battery and disconnected code box (yellow with greenish lable) and sprayed contact cleaner on both the male and female parts of the plug.
- Dissassembled the steering wheel plastics to check the aerial and sprayed contact cleaner on it.
I also tried to do the emergency start up procedure with the throttle and the numbers. But the injector light never flashes.
None of these have solved anything as the code light refuses to turn off and the car doesn't start. Are there any other checks I can do to avoid having to tow the car to the garage?
Thank you very much in advance,