TWO PEOPLE to open the bonnet - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By Andricus
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 14-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Distrito Federal
Unhappy TWO PEOPLE to open the bonnet

hi guys, could you please give some light about? my problem is that i cannot open the bonnet without the help of another person pushing the bonnet while i pull the cord (sorry for the term but my vocaboulary is a little bit short). just when push the bonnnet, it is unlocked.....please help, thanks and regard
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Suffolk
Hi, I suffered the same problem when I bought one of my 916's. I got some copper spray grease and sprayed it liberally to all working parts, whilst the bonnet was up. It has never happened again.
AO Member
County: Western Cape
The bonnet is held by two catches. Your problem is probably caused by a misalignment of the studs and the holes for the catches. The studs can be adjusted for both position and depth. I smeared some grease on the end of the studs, covered the holes with masking tape, and only partly closed the bonnet. I determined in that way how the studs needed to be adjusted. Best of luck - it is a bit of a trial and error procedure.
Stixy likes this.
AO Member
County: Worcestershire

Member car:

Ph1 GTV V6

The release cable has stretched. There is an adjuster under locks. Passenger side on RH drive. I am not sure on LH drive.
It may be adjustable, if not it needs replacing.
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands

this is nothing more than cables stretched its common on car of this age, Like mine probable have the adjustment nuts also rusted or seized, I managed to pack mine with some washer at the end of the cable to act as cable tensioners thus making the cable taught, Permanent fix although under the slam panel when removed its all in open veiw, Better option i thought than replacement i though, Obviously i had to cut a slit in the washes so that it would go over the cable and when i had 6-7 of these washer all in a line they were all secured by themselves and the taughtness

other thing i will suggest is making sure the springs on the bonnet are doing there job when bonnet pull is operated you want those springs to be under pressure so when it opens it pings open rather than just simply releases

If it all seems under control..............your not going fast enough !!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bonnet , open , people