Peco equal length downpipes - any info? - Page 10 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 90Likes

A6
AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
Have you not stumbled across the clips with the Wizard exhausts in then ?

https://youtu.be/qZNneQDo9SA

https://youtu.be/p8VbOQUf8z8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

cgc
AO Member

County: Monmouthshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6 View Post
Have you not stumbled across the clips with the Wizard exhausts in then ?

https://youtu.be/qZNneQDo9SA

https://youtu.be/p8VbOQUf8z8
A bit to loud for me. I can understand why people love them though.
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
I've conceded defeat and ordered a set of Cybox EL downpipes I'm keen to marry up the amazing exhaust note of the Wizard exhaust with the Equal Length pipes and would only be disappointed if I went with the OEM set up. Just hope the noise isn't any louder as the Wizard exhaust is a touch loud already it's fair to say !

Looks like I'll be driving the long way round now dodging speed humps !!
I think you've made the right choice! I'm doing the same and mating EL to wizard.
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV Phase 2 V6

I think I'm going down the route of EL and Wizard too, good shout. Not a decat though but maybe sport cat.
cgc
AO Member

Sports cat 👍

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #231 of 410 Old 06-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgc View Post
These are my three favorite sounds on you tube, if I could get my car to sound like this I would be in heaven. As you can hear I don't really go for the 'raspy' sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZYD4vYZkEU
Ironically, this last car ("ToxyMatt I think?) has the exact same setup as me mate! Doesnt sound raspy in the vid though does it? I think mine sound raspier because I was about 18 inches from the tailpipe!
cgc
AO Member

Yea could be, I'm up for all suggestions not biased in any way. There are just my favourites.

Stainless steel exhausts also get a little deeper and less raspy as they coke up.

I'd certainly go for de-cat'd manifold, I have a wizard cf3 on the way, equal length down pipes, alfaholics sports cat, and then whatever but ending in quad dtm ends.

AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
Quote:
I've conceded defeat and ordered a set of Cybox EL downpipes I'm keen to marry up the amazing exhaust note of the Wizard exhaust with the Equal Length pipes and would only be disappointed if I went with the OEM set up. Just hope the noise isn't any louder as the Wizard exhaust is a touch loud already it's fair to say !

Looks like I'll be driving the long way round now dodging speed humps !!
Please post your veiws on these EL down pipes for sound and ground clearance, I have the wizard and having ditched the OEM ones that were 18 yrs old for some cheap and nasty ones i find the sound its not quite as it was ( only small margin) but enough to notice having had the wizzard for 3 rs you get to know what it sounds like accross rev counter
(Post Link) post #234 of 410 Old 06-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgc View Post
Yea could be, I'm up for all suggestions not biased in any way. There are just my favourites.

Stainless steel exhausts also get a little deeper and less raspy as they coke up.

I'd certainly go for de-cat'd manifold, I have a wizard cf3 on the way, equal length down pipes, alfaholics sports cat, and then whatever but ending in quad dtm ends.

I reckon yours will sound amazing with that little lot bolted on! Exhausts always sound better to onlookers than they do from the driving seat sadly!
cgc likes this.
(Post Link) post #235 of 410 Old 06-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpit999 View Post
Please post your veiws on these EL down pipes for sound and ground clearance, I have the wizard and having ditched the OEM ones that were 18 yrs old for some cheap and nasty ones i find the sound its not quite as it was ( only small margin) but enough to notice having had the wizzard for 3 rs you get to know what it sounds like accross rev counter
My view is that it improves the tone of the exhaust quite noticeably, making the firing order more uniform and smooth sounding, without losing the "yowl" and distinct V6 sound.
It has made my exhaust a fraction louder than the standard downpipes, probably because larger bore stainless pipes will do that anyway and have a more metallic overtone to them than mild steel.
Ground clearance has not really been a problem, (so far....) as long as both front wheels go up and down at the same time - driving over a speed bump with just one wheel for instance might cause grounding, or driving over uneven ground.
Honestly, it was worth 300 quid just for the noise!
cgc likes this.

2002 Spider V6 24v
EL downpipes, Ragazzon exhaust
BIG noise!
(Post Link) post #236 of 410 Old 06-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2375 View Post
I think you've made the right choice! I'm doing the same and mating EL to wizard.
Well done boys, your journey over to the Dark Side is now complete.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Phase 2 V6

The dark side works, I need to sort out my mid section!
(Post Link) post #238 of 410 Old 07-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1984 View Post
The dark side works, I need to sort out my mid section!
Eat less carbs!
(Post Link) post #239 of 410 Old 07-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

New tyre thread

On a different topic chaps, I have started a new thread about tyres and I'd appreciate your feedback as to what you use. Cheers
AO Member

Member car:

GTV Phase 2 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclejam View Post
Eat less carbs!
That is far too true!
A6
AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
Quote:

Yes of course but they have to turn up first ! I wasn't going to bother seeing all the issues re delays in here. But on eBay it was showing that they had three in stock and would be delivered Monday !

I'm sure they won't let me down.....
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
does anyone have a wizard cat back exhaust and some Alfatune EL downpipes ??? interested in this set up too
AO Member

County: Sligo

Member car:

156 V6, GTV V6

Does anyone here have the Wizard with the extra (small) silencer or do people go for the single silencer.

Interested to know if there is a difference in sound/volume?
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

Quote:
does anyone have a wizard cat back exhaust and some Alfatune EL downpipes ??? interested in this set up too
The wizard cat back sounds great without the EL down pipes. In Australia i had heard another GTV 3.2 with the wizard and that is why i ordered it. However that GTV3.2 did not have EL down pipes.

Once EL down pipes are added it screams that bit more. Is also that bit more exotic sounding. Especially at high revolutions. It is so high pitched that if i take it for a spin for a few hours i will have headache for four or five days. It screams that much. Dan/ Pud says that a few others have this set up and are fine with the noise so it may just be my ears.

It is not a bad sound at all. It is not drone but high pitch like a ferrarri. Mine is a 3.2 litre v6 where as yours is 3.0 litre which may make a small diffetence.

Let me put it this way. When i drove past the lamborghini and ferrari dealership canning it most of the salesmen ran out to see what car this noise came from. 5 minutes later i returned and when i drove past loudly most of them could hear it comming and this time made sure they were outside to see and hear it.

When at the traffic lights idling, a few times Maseratis have been intimidated by the idling sound and have felt the need to show off that their car is better and what not. In each instance they have revved the Maserati loudly hoping to upset me. And when i have returned fire, reving loudly they immediately shut up. They definately were not expecting to be out done, but alas. They always are with this set up. After being out done they always wimper off.

Yes the EL down pipes + wizard + 3.2l v6 is louder than a big engined Masersti. And sounds better.

I do not think that you can go wrong with this set up at all. Take the plunge.....
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

Quote:
The wizard cat back sounds great without the EL down pipes. In Australia i had heard another GTV 3.2 with the wizard and that is why i ordered it. However that GTV3.2 did not have EL down pipes.

Once EL down pipes are added it screams that bit more. Is also that bit more exotic sounding. Especially at high revolutions. It is so high pitched that if i take it for a spin for a few hours i will have headache for four or five days. It screams that much. Dan/ Pud says that a few others have this set up and are fine with the noise so it may just be my ears.

It is not a bad sound at all. It is not drone but high pitch like a ferrarri. Mine is a 3.2 litre v6 where as yours is 3.0 litre which may make a small diffetence.

Let me put it this way. When i drove past the lamborghini and ferrari dealership canning it most of the salesmen ran out to see what car this noise came from. 5 minutes later i returned and when i drove past loudly most of them could hear it comming and this time made sure they were outside to see and hear it.

When at the traffic lights idling, a few times Maseratis have been intimidated by the idling sound and have felt the need to show off that their car is better and what not. In each instance they have revved the Maserati loudly hoping to upset me. And when i have returned fire, reving loudly they immediately shut up. They definately were not expecting to be out done, but alas. They always are with this set up. After being out done they always wimper off.

Yes the EL down pipes + wizard + 3.2l v6 is louder than a big engined Masersti. And sounds better.

I do not think that you can go wrong with this set up at all. Take the plunge.....
(Post Link) post #246 of 410 Old 08-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Stainless oem pipes for sale

Hey guys, I am putting my standard OEM stainless downpipes up for sale on the parts section. (Custom made, Only 18months old) Thought I'd offer them here first in case anyone needs some.
Wrapped for collection and yours for a mere 40 quid. Or if you think thats too much, then make me an offer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (194.6 KB, 18 views)
(Post Link) post #247 of 410 Old 08-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Detail shots #1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (136.6 KB, 15 views)
(Post Link) post #248 of 410 Old 08-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Detail shot #2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (189.9 KB, 13 views)
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclejam View Post
Hey guys, I am putting my standard OEM stainless downpipes up for sale on the parts section. (Custom made, Only 18months old) Thought I'd offer them here first in case anyone needs some.
Wrapped for collection and yours for a mere 40 quid. Or if you think thats too much, then make me an offer! http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/image...s/biglaugh.gif
The pics really show how unequal length the OEM pipes are!
cgc likes this.
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV V6

I will take the down pipes if I can get down to you.

Thanks Aaron

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
downpipes , equal , info , length , peco