916 Spider hood - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
916 Spider hood

2016 and the New Year resolution is to put Jessica (the Vodafone Spider) back on the road before Spring arrives.

Pretty much everything is done except for a new battery but I do need to get the hood sorted. It's manual, not electric.

Firstly, I have had conflicting advice about raising the hood. Do you fasten the front or rear first?

Secondly, I have lost one of the rear retaining pegs and cannot find anywhere that supplies them or even what the part number is. Before being laid up, neither of the retaining pegs was holding for more than a few minutes so I was driving with the rear of the hood flapping about. Is it possible to replace whatever is in the holes that the pegs are supposed to clip onto? What are they called and where would I obtain them?

I have been tempted to just leave the hood down and drive open but that's not realistic in this country, especially as my garage is 1/4 mile from the house and I'm getting old and knackered.

Any help to keep what I think is a brilliant car on the road would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Dorset
I also have a MK 1 with a manual hood. I always fasten front, (above windscreen), first. The mechanism that holds the rear pins is very basic, it's just a thick wire clip that holds the studs at the indented part near the end. The wires can be adjusted and there is also a bit of adjustment in how deep the pins go into the socket. If you do look for replacements, make sure you get the right design as the electric hood pins are spiralled as the auto mechanism 'screws' them down.
Your best bet for parts is to find a car that's being broken as loads of early 916 bits are now discontinued.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

916 , hood , spider