gtv scratch fixer or respray? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-10-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

98 gtv 2.0

gtv scratch fixer or respray?

i have an atollo blue 98 gtv which has some deep scratches on the bonnet anyone no the best way to 'hide' these scratches?
i was thinking about a respray but just the bonnet.given the age of the car will atollo blue still match the rest of the car?(i.e does the colour of the car fade over the years?)or should i break my wallets heart and respray the lot!thanks!!!

n e 1 had a gtv resprayed?roughly how much am i looking at?
Sponsored Links
Re: gtv scratch fixer or respray?

A decent bodyshop will be able to match the colours if it has faded slightly. Cant see it costing more than £200 just for the bonnet to be done
AO Silver Member
Re: gtv scratch fixer or respray?

What Andy says!

The only other way I know which can work if done carefully, is get the paint matched and buy it but tell them its for brushing. Then buy the finest sable paint brush you can find and very very carefully paint along the scratches, do this a few times (carefully mask down each side if you like). When you have built the paint back up to level wet flat with 1000 or above paper, do this carefully ideally with a small block. (I like using spray glue to stick it to a rubber or wooden block) sand so that any over painting is gone and the surface is flat, then polish up with a cutting compound. Finally T cut or similar the whole panel. I've done it on a motorcycle tank with satisfying results, and as its cheap all you have to lose is time! if you c+ck it up or it doesnt work then you can always go for the respray!!

Good luck

Any tea in the pot?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fixer , gtv , respray , scratch