Re: GTV won't start
This may apply to Q Toy as well.
Check that your yellow "code" light is going out, otherwise the car will just turn over and not fire up.
I believe the main problem is due to various signals in the environment confusing the Code system. So if any of the below are not 100%, it causes problems.
A few temporary fixes (as odd as some may sound) :-
1) Release the reach and rake, and move it down - now try
2) Just keep putting the key in/out.
3) Reset the ECU (pull out the battery for a bit, or do as above)
More permanent fixes (all, some of these may be required...or could be something else.
1) Replace code system aerial (I believe it is wrapped around the ignition barrel
2) Replace code system box (about £80, but you need the master key)
3) Check code system relay
4) Check all terminals (relating to code system), could be a connection problem.
Current Italian Cars:-
2004 Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 JTS
Previous Italian Cars :-
2003 Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa
2006 Alfa Brera 2.2 SV JTS
1999 Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD
2005 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 JTS Veloce
2004 Alfa Romeo GT 1.9 JTD
2001 Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 Lusso
2002 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 JTS
Last edited by V6Alfisti; 18-10-07 at 18:07.