Afm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-10-07 Thread Starter

Hi, my alfa seems to have a problem when accelarating and having read the different threads it looks like i need to check the Air Flow Meter, does anyone have any pics on how to check and what to check (pipes etc...) ? cheers
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Afm

Hi Mate,

Also known as the MAF (Mass Air Flow Meter). I don't have any pics on hand but here is basically what to check for and establish if it is in fact the MAF.

The MAF sits just above where the top filter cover is. An induction pipe goes from this cover into the throttle body.

You need to take this intake pipe out and remove the filter cover. Then disconnect the MAF (its a clip system) and if the car makes no difference then it is probably not the MAF, if there is a difference then it could be the MAF.

The MAF is a very common problem on these cars and the slightest amount of dirt/grit can cause them to malfunction. There is a cleaning guide on this website so try and clean it first, it will only take you some of your time ans save you $$$ if it fixes your problems.

The above website also has great pictures and step by step on how to access and remove it.

All the best

Cheers Josh

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider