alarm draining battery - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Alfa git
alarm draining battery

I don't have my alarm activated, I don't carry the fob, and use my key to open door. The siren is de-activated with the little key.

When I was refurbing the air filter housing I left the bonnet open (but down) as I had the slam plate loose. So it took me longer than I thought, prob two weeks with the bonnet open.

This drained the battery, I concluded due to the bonnet open switch for the alarm.

I've recently noticed the dreaded 'boot open' indicator problem, i.e. it thinks the boot is open even though it's not, and now as its not my daily driver the battery is flat again.

First do you think I am right, it was the alarm/door open causing the drain.

If so, is there a fuse I can pull to stop the drain, can the alarm monitoring be totally turned off?

Re the boot open, I've read the threads, not very enlightening, confusion as to where the micro switch is etc, if anyone can help, that would be great.

I'm taking It to Intaservices on Monday to get new steering boots, don't want to burden them or my wallet with this.

Sponsored Links
Alfa git
im going in,

Okay, trim off the boot lid.

I can see what looks like a micro switch, pressing it, warning light on dash stays on, sprayed it with electrical connection cleaner, no use.

So I have disconnected at the connector on the left hand side and the warning light goes out.

Now to jump start!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151010_125354.jpg (85.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20151010_125432.jpg (106.9 KB, 3 views)
Alfa git
My boot light doesent work now.
AO Silver Member
County: Johannesburg
I can confirm you can disconnect the alarm module completely if you suspect it's draining the battery. You just lift off the plastic panel covering it and disconnect the two plugs. Remote central locking will still work without the alarm. You just won't have any beep/flash/hoot when you remotely lock or unlock.
Club Member
Membro Medio
County: Aalborg
Originally Posted by Alfa git View Post
My boot light doesent work now.
If you remove the connection to the Micro switch then the boot light will not work.
The switch is also the ground circuit for the boot light (early Ph1)

See the attached wiring diagram.
Boot Light (F5)
Micro switch (H24)

If the switch don't open when the boot is closed the boot light will be constantly ON draining your battery.
It was first in the late Ph1 the boot light was timed with Service Control Unit N82.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Timed_Light_PH1.JPG (113.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Timed_Light_PH1_late.jpg (94.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Henrik_45; 11-10-15 at 11:38.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alarm , battery , draining