ABS Fault Code 26 Spider 916 2.0 TS CF1 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 26-09-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
ABS Fault Code 26 Spider 916 2.0 TS CF1

Hello all,

Firstly, shouts to Graham for answering my earlier post and allowing me to get this far.

So, can't work out the easy way to measure the resistance of this solenoid. Found the multiway connector for the ABS but looking at the circuit diagram there doesn't seem to be a way to measure the resistance from there. Removed the two bolts that secure the brake reservoir but other than a little wiggle it didn't really move much. Gave up for the day as the next step seemed to be draining the brake fluid to remove this reservoir so I can start delving deeper. It's probably due a flush but I can't tell from the service history.

Is this worth pursuing?
Can you buy solenoids separately? (Confess to not really looking too hard yet - couple of searches reveals nothing concrete)
Is this an ABS pump replacement job?
How hard is it?

Not particularly shy with mechanics but time is not really on my side at the moment so I'll need to consider this carefully.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Z4 3.0si

Hi, according to this it's a faulty ECU

http://www.squadramoravia.com/manual...SCH_ABC_53.pdf Page 8

Easy to replace just the ECU, held onto the pump by 6 torx screws. Usually a 2nd hand pump on ebay or breakers is about 30-50.

I've just had a quick look on eBay this is the same pump but unless I'm missing something someone else can make clear I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited by JakeC; 27-09-15 at 17:57.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 27-09-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Thank you Jake,

My manual says something slightly different but I suspect amounts to the same ending. It states to measure valve resistance and check the cables are intact, which I interpret to mean if it is faulty then I can buy the replacement valve without replacing the unit. You've suggested replacing the whole unit which I sort of guessed when examining the car yesterday.

Enclosed is the excerpt from the manual (916 spider).

I'll have to have a look a little later in the week, but for a tenner I'm tempted just to buy the item you link to.

Does anyone think this is a grave mistake???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alfa Spider ABS fault code 26.jpg (38.9 KB, 2 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

916 , abs , cf1 , code , fault , spider