what to do with a GTV6? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-09-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

86 gtv6

what to do with a GTV6?

I recently got two oldies, an 84 mercedes and an 86 Alfa GTV6, histories unknown. I can only keep one, and since I know diesels, it'll be the Mercedes. The Alfa is in nice shape, and is really fun to drive (hate to have to decide).
My question is: what is a good idea to do before listing to sell?

Body: nice overall, good white paint, nice velour seat covers (dont match blue liftback, probably recovered), just a little rust around back window, missing front window cranks, and slight dent at right front corner, and a few inches of the bumper is broken off at that point.

Mechanically: most things work (electric windows, etc - sunroof is manual), car drives really well, good pickup on hills and in general. This is the most important question: it has 24K on odometer, rolled over obviously at least once, and there is blue smoke on acceleration, but only on acceleration.

I'm a pretty good weekend mechanic, what can I test/look at, knowing that I am not gonna keep it? Is continuing to drive it fine, cause I would sure like to while I have it.

Advice appreciated. Thanks, Rob
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: what to do with a GTV6?

I'd fix the window cranks, put some fresh oil/filters in there and give it a new MOT. It sounds pretty unmolested, so you want to keep it like that.

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider