Sold my Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Sold my Spider

After 8 years of ownership I decided to sell the Spider. It was a simple question of practicality as after my divorce it became the only car I had access to. As much fun as it was (slow but great fun) to drive I have a bike for those rare nice days (Italian, of course)

In those 8 years the only problems over normal servicing were the rear suspension bushes (replaced with powerflex), the drivers side power window regulator (I replaced it but upon inspecting the old one I realised I could have fixed it, so I did and it's sat in my garage!) and the Bosch ABS pump (useless German electrics!).

I always used standard air filters so never had a problem with the MAF. The hood release gear didn't strip itself or even wear - the release motor itself did conk out but it simply needed cleaning. I did a photo guide for it.

Oh the interior fan stopped working a couple of months ago but that was only a dodgy connector.

It didn't ever let me down.

Keep on enjoying your Alfas!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
R u missing it yet? Next summer I might have to put my spider up for sale as it's been a struggle for space with three toys n the work car and wife's car. But keep putting it off lol!
AO Gold Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Ours had been off the road for almost two years. It failed an MOT, I did the work but never took it back for a re-test (well to be retested it was over 10 days). I used the other classic and it sat on the drive for the whole of 2014. Had belts and a shed load of work done to it earlier this year. It was expensive but it is the first real bill I've had for the car so I'm not complaining.
We took it to Ormskirk Motorfest on Sunday. It's a 2.0TS and yes it's not fast but for a four pot sounds bloody gorgeous and I'd forgotten just how much so.
I don't see me ever selling it, it really owes us nowt.

Priorities I find, are usually someone else's.
Statements above are all my own opinion and not fact.

Last edited by Wezley; 08-09-16 at 13:40.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

sold , spider