I know this has been discussed before but I need to fix my rear end from rattling and was considering Powerflexing the rear end.
My Alfa Mechanic (Alfamotive) in Sydney has quoted $500 AUD (234 GBP) to supply and fit everything being a Powerflex dealer also.
However reading on the forum here I have found the following advantages and disadvantages
of both :
2) Lasts Longer for the life of the car
3) Better firmer handling
4) Rear stiffness increased by 10-15%
5) Better than any worn out knackerd OEM suspension
6) Considered an "improvement" and upgrade when selling the car
6) Loss of rear wheel steering
7) Hardness and skipping over bumps
1) Keeps the original OEM geometry and rear wheel steering
2) Specifically designed OEM bushes done for this reason
3) Does not last very long (or not as long as Powerflex)
4) People swear it is the best way to do it saying they hate the feeling of Powerflex and
have gone back to OEM saying its much better.
Ive seen on the AlfaWorkshop website that I can get the OEM Bushes Alfa Romeo GTV Bushes
But which ones will I need ? Do I need the "Rear hub bush" x 2 ? 166HBUSH
and do I need the "Rear Spring Pan Arm Bush"x 2 SPP2 (2 supplied for one side)?
I dont know what I'll need as all I know is that I have the rattling in the rear but assume you would have to replace everything on both sides.
I just wanted to find out what the costs was before deciding on which way to go.