yesterday I had an issue.I charged the battery to maximum with high-class battery charger 6/12V 2/8 amp with auto off and protection from heat and overcharging.It took around 30 hours .
The battery was BOSCH SILVER 62ah.
When charged I instaled it carefully-first I put the possitive,then the neggative pole.
A spark shown up,it happened many times,but this time after first sparks,they appear more and more up to the magnet of the back right speaker.The sparks became a plasma ball over the possitive pole.
This happened for around 10-15 seconds,I run for fire extinguisher,came back for 10-15 second with 30kg fireextinguisher from near bike center,but it was not nessasary.
The fire was gone,I think there are not damages except the battery,the possitive pole is damaged and smell .
What could cause this fire ? I instaled the battery at noon,it was 40 degrees at sun there.Also the plastic cover above the battery was not putted this time,I just want to test the battery first,also there wasn`t plastic cover on the pole.
On other car same model I have plastic cover above the battery and on the pole.
I heard similar stories with batteries burned in flames on GTV ,but every time I laughted.I didn`t belived,thought owners are responsible.
So,am I responsible for that ? Or it is connected between not putting these covers and extremely heats these days,40 degrees at sun,I think this made little sparks to fire.
I putted many batteries everytime there are little sparks,but this time they became a fire ?
Also could be the reason in the battery ?
And what shall I do now ?
I hope there won`t be any damages except the battery !