Down with the kids. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By jazzyscot
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 29-06-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Fife
Down with the kids.

Mot is due in a couple of weeks so I spent yesterday giving the spider a wash and a hoover. I didn't even polish and wax her but she came up well without it.

Took her for a spin yesterday and ended up at the local take away for my evening meal. There were a few teenagers hanging about and commented on how good the car looked.

One of the comments was "hey mister that car looks like a new old car. Its well smart!"

I thanked them for their comments and thought to myself here we go they are going to key it or something while I'm in the takeaway.

I kept an eye on it while I was waiting to make sure no harm came to her. They were looking around the car and we're pointing and chatting amongst themselves.

I came out and they were genuinely interested in chatting about the car and finding out more info about the spider and alfa's in general etc. I must admit I pre judged these guys wrongly. They all said that it was a class car and thanked me for showing it to them.

The second part of my story happened today on my commute home from work. As the sun was shining this morning I decided that I would take the spider. Driving through a small village on the way home I saw about 5 eleven year old boys and 2 girls. As I had the roof down on the way home I heard one of the boys shout to his friends

LOOK AT THAT LOVELY ALFA! He then shouted to me "Really cool car you have there!"

I gave him the thumbs up and a wave and they all waved back.

I had a grin on my face all the way home as I had a spirited drive through country lanes on the way home.

It's good to know that we all have a car that still has plenty of street cred and turns a few heads.

But hey I'm down with the kids man!
markymarkspider likes this.

Last edited by jazzyscot; 29-06-15 at 18:12.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Stirling
I bet you did smile too.
Great that the "yoofs" appreciate what you have worked for and what wonderful cars we have.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and lets hope we inspire a whole new generation of Alfa and Italian car fans.
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester
I had a pi**ed up bloke in openshaw Manchester give me a thumbs up whilst he stumbled across the lights!
Taste never wains....
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Groomer lol
AO Member
County: Norfolk
I had a similar thing a couple of years back. There was a yoof talking to his mate on his mobile,outside a parade of shops. I was a few metres away but I overheard him say 'Man, there's a car here here it looks amazing, it's one of the best looking cars I've seen...' It did make me grin somewhat

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider