Injector Light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-06-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

GTV 3.0L V6 1999

Injector Light

I have the dreaded injector light on, the car is parked on the drive and admired for most of the time and only used once or twice a month to put a smile on my face.

The revs are flat up to about 3K then it takes off, into next gear, nothing, nothing, nothing then whoosh. It cruises along fine above 3k revs but its frustrating if you want to push on. The car is completely standard V6 apart from an autolusso air intake as the original split.

It has had this problem on and off over the past few years, have read posts on here about mafs and throttle bodies but I know so little about cars I'm not sure where to start, would like to have a go at it if possible. My mechanic says it's a lack of use as the car rarely leaves the drive.

Am downloading a workshop manual now so this should point me in the right direction.

Any advice on this problem ?

Also any one had any experience of the pipercross air filter replacement or should I stick with then standard alfa part.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Skåne

Member car:

As the injector warning light is lit read out the fault codes, it should give you a hint of what is wrong.
AO Member
County: -
I would stick with the original filter, it's more than adequate for the job. There is no way of guessing the cause without reading the fault codes from the ECU. I can think of a few things that are wrong like dirty spark plugs, failing ignition coils or faulty sensors, but replacing them at random is a very expensive way of debugging the error. I have a GTV that is used even less and does not show any of these problems. I would ask your mechanic to diagnose the problem using proper scanning tools.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

injector , light