Go! pedal trouble - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Cardiff
Help Go! pedal trouble

hi guys.... help

since owning the car dec 05 the throttle pedal has been quite stiff. seems to be an easy bit of travel but then to hit the floor it needed a bit of shove. took the car to have the matrix valve replaced. when i picked up the car it was A1 almost caught me out as i shot off from the side of the road. anyhow 3 wks later and its reverted back to times of old and now even worse. when i floor it i keep full pressure and can feel and hear that adjustable bolt hit the floor then i feel a bit of movement and i can push further again hitting the floor and so on 2-3 more times. weird??? also when initialy pumping the pedal to the floor the travel feels only a few inches?? this is a p1 car so maybe cable probs but there according to eper is 2 cables.... help please????

ok guys advice please... is it a case of renewing the throttle cable. the eper show 2 cables?? or is it something more sinister
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Go! pedal trouble

Hey there

in this forum do a search and there is a thread on stiff gas pedals. Mine does what yours does but not frequently more like once every 2 months, it seems to be a common problem.

When you find the thread (soz don't know how to link it) there is something connecting to the gas pedal which you can adjust and or lubricate....i lubricated mine and the problem was fixed.

Good luck

Cheers Josh

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

pedal , trouble