Save A Gtv! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 11-08-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa GTV 1996

Save A Gtv!

Hi everyone
This is an opurtunity to save an Alfa GTV from the breakers yard. Its a 1996 2ltr T-Spark GTV - ive been told it was one of the first GTV's in the UK and was a press car. Ive owned this car for a year and have finally had enough, dont get me wrong i love this car to bits - it has so much spirit and passion but somthing has always been broken on it since day 1. After my girlfriends father told me his MX-5 has only needed a radiator in the last 3 years (its a 1989 with 120k miles!) im afraid im going to get one! I even bought a t-shirt with a GTV on! So i have 3 choices, i sell it to a breaker with no MOT, i sell it to an enthusiast who will love it with no MOT, or i MOT it and sell it. I just dont see the point in spending money on it. So MAKE OFFERS GUYS! You can contact me on for more information / pictures.

The BAD!

~No MOT (Things i know it needs, wheel bearing front passengers side, 2 new front tyres) - i have 2 tyres and bearing ready
~Lumpy Idle
~EGR modulation solenoid valve broken - think its the cause of the idle problem
~Radiator fan or air con will not engage (though never let it overheat ever!), being an early left-to-right hand drive model it has a funny control box and a single fan for the air con and cooling fans - it has fried!
~Noisy variator

~Only 82k miles from new
~Top end rebuild 17k miles ago including cam-belt change, head gasket, valves, cams - with reciepts
~Completely unmolested

~Has the odd typical car park and shopping trolly ding/scratch here and there
~Slight curbing to alloys
~Drivers seat slight tear on bolster (typical!)
~Quite a few stone chips on the nose - but its plastic so no worrys there
~To be honest its above average condition for the age and mileage, when i take it to garages i always get comments on its condition

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , save