Never thought I would but the time has come, car is up for grabs. Have tried the classifieds on here on two different computers but cannot get past the 3rd step - will try again later but for now here are the details:
GTV V6 Lusso, Vela Blue, Bluestyle Interior with Cream leather. 17" Teledials.
Registered 15 years ago (coincidentally, to the day! 26/05/2000)
Currently a little over 65k on the clock.
Bought from Clive (as in CG Trading), I have had it for nearly 3 years now, and in that time have done everything that it needed and more - tried to list below but there is a lot to tell. Focused mainly on mechanical / functional stuff - the cosmetics was to come later!
I just can't justify having any longer as my circumstances have changed a lot recently - would love it to go to someone who is going to care for it as I have, and with the mileage and history as it is, I have romantic notions of buying it back in a few years time!
List of work done in my time is below - please get in touch if you are interested as I'm happy to tell all that there is about it - rather than write (even more of) an essay here.
• Full Quad exit custom made exhaust system.
• New Thermostat
• Full Waxoyl under-treatment (whilst exhaust was off!)
• V6 cambelt, timing belt, tensioner & idlers (full cambelt service)
• All new spark plugs, rocker seal gaskets,
• Water pump
• Full powerflex of rear suspension (one of those jobs that every GTV needs).
• 4 Wheel tracking & alignment.
• New drilled and grooved brake discs front and rear
• New brake pads front and rear
• 4 New Hankook Ventus V12 Evos (now done 4k miles)
• Replacement GTA clutch, solid GTA lightened flywheel, GTA slave cylinder, plus all associated consumables.
• Starter motor reconditioned
• New Lambda probes, engine flush, heath-check, full diagnostics, cleaned throttle bodies, air-filter, new brake pipes.
• New Radiator
• Full strip down of top end - removed cylinder heads, replaced gaskets, cylinder skimmed, replaced cambelt and tensioners whilst at it.
• New oil filter.
It also has a Q2 fitted (before my ownership). Has a Sony bluetooth / iPhone / iPod headunit, LED interior lights, HID headlights.
Stuff I would have liked to do but haven't got around to as follows:
• Springs and shocks - always wanted it a little lower so Eibachs and dampers were next on my list- they are all passing MoT so not required but I was approaching it pretty thoroughly.
• The paint is as you would expect for a 15 year old car - mostly excellent, but with some chips and scratches that, once mechanically perfect, I would have liked to get sorted. There is also some lacquer peel on the bonnet, which doesn't look good - but I am considering getting this done soon if it doesn't sell quickly.
• Drivers side seat bolster is worn as most are - a little TLC will get it back to new condition but I've just never got around to it.
I have a folder full of receipts, MOT certs and service history (thanks to Clive for a lot of it) and am happy to give all further details over the phone or by email as you would prefer. Listed for £4,500.00.
Off to cry in a dark room now