New owner GTV spider 916 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By alastpa
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 25-05-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
New owner GTV spider 916

Hi just signed up as i put a deposit on a very nice 916 spider at the weekend ,And would like to ask some questions

Firstly i noticed both the B post seals are missing {back edge of door to front edge of quarter panels}I have come across some for sale they consist of 2 part the rubber and a plastic/metal channel .I noticed on the car theres like welded rivets in body color that the channel must fix to .Is there any more clips i need to fit these channels

Secondly its a 99 phase 2 model with momo trim ,but the hood is manual is this right should it have a power hood and can the power hood be disabled so u can use the hood manually .The Tonneau cover opens via a twin switch electric behind seats .I would preffere an manual hood because of problems ,but dont want to be buying a car thats had its hood messed about with to bypass the motor

Many Thank Mark
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
Welcome to 916 ownership. The parts you mention are easy to put on, the plastic bit fits on the lugs and the rubber slides over, but why are they both missing is the question I'd have asked the seller. Some Phase 2 cars had manual hoods, and it's the most reliable option. if the hood is electric you will find a button on the consul by the handbrake.
AO Silver Member
County: Johannesburg
You can manually open and shut the roof if the electrics fail.
spookone likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

916 , gtv , owner , spider