Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Russian Federation
Another IDLE issue (ph1 3.0 24V)
Hello everyone, greeting from Moscow, Russia.
I have here a nice fresh phase1 3 litre GTV. Came straight from Japan (!) in 2014. 100k on the clock, no oil consumption at all, mint seats. Happy with the car, except this goddamn idle.
1) Cold start is nice = 1000rpm for a minute, then steady 750rpm for the first 10 min.
2) When the car is hot, usually after 2-3 times of the fans ON, idle jumps to 1100, sometime to 1500, with little misfires. It's generally not so stable like on the cold engine.
- new idle speed actuator
- new throttle position sensor
- new crank sensor
- I have 3 used MAFs in different condition, but changing them doesn't change anything
- air leaks checked 3 times (new seals on inlet pipes etc).
- new timing belts changed with locks - checked 2 times.
4) I did a FiatEcuScan (registered ver) check. It shows strange things:
- parameter "Idle speed" is 250rpm (!!!) even if it's 1000. On 4000 actual rpm it shows 500rpm)
- parameter "target idle speed" is always precise. So if the target is 1100, it's actually 1100 on the tacho)
- parameter "throttle angle" jumps between 0 and 7, also the parameter "throttle pedal position" jumps between "idle" and "out of idle".
- all other parameters seem to be ok (airflow, lambda signal etc)
- no errors in memory
- are the any other device that checks this "out of idle" position for the throttle besides the TPS on the butterfly?
- can it be some general ECU probles (why it can't see real idle speed).
- what to do next...
Thanks for any help following!