Headlight/Gauge cluster questions for converted righthand drive car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 10-05-15 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Quezon
Headlight/Gauge cluster questions for converted righthand drive car

Hello All!
I posted my concerns maybe about a couple of years ago, but failed to mention that what i have was a righthand drive car (steering wheel on the right), that has presently had its steering wheel transferred to the left side to comply with our land transportation regulations as we drive on the right side of the road.

That being said, the headlights and instrument gauges are still set up for the original right side steering wheel.

I first addressed the headlights and flipped the little switch to adjust the headlight beam orientation, problem is that the illumination decreased too much for our generally poor lighting (at least on the smaller roads which is frequented).

Question #1: Will the headlamp assembly designed for a steering wheel on the left side attach properly to a car designed for a steering wheel on the right side? Or can i safely assume they are easily interchangeable? I cant tell from the eper online catalog.

Question #2 Can i safely assume that the instrument gauge cluster is interchangeable between lefthand and righthand drive cars?

I need this questions answered please, so i can decide what parts to buy. Thank you very much!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

car , cluster , converted , drive , headlight or gauge , questions , righthand