How to change front brake flexi hose? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-04-15 Thread Starter
County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

BMW (Sorry)

Question How to change front brake flexi hose?

I've been lurking on the board for a while now and found it a really good resource, top stuff.

I've exercised the forum search but couldn't find an answer to my question, if I have missed a thread please point me in the right direction.

I need to change the front flexi hoses on a GTV Cup. I've had a look at the unions and it looks like standard 11mm jobbers on the solid pipes. What I can't work out is how to clamp the larger union on the flexi hose. From appearance it looks round with no purchase for a spanner? I don't want to start clamping things and risk damaging it, it seems odd there is nothing but I maybe missing something.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bristol
Should be a hexagonal to get a spanner on underneath the small bracket that the flexy is clipped to. The metal pipe union can seize to the metal pipe and snap when undoing. If so Use penetrating fluid and leave the pipe clipped, take the caliper off and try to unwind caliper and hose off together. Only problem could be a twist in new flexy when back together. I just got away with it on mine. Don't let the brake fluid drain. Air in the ABS pump can be a problem.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

brake , change , flexi , front , hose