dials - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GTV

Just had a thought today - has anyone thought about change the colour of dials in their GTV. I have a vela blue model and was thinking of switching from the standard black to white as I thought this might look good or I could have mud in my eyes. Has anyone done this if so where and how do you get hold of new dials. I'll accept abuse if its a bad idea!!!
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Re: dials

Hi, RB. White dials are a bit like marmite. Some love 'em and others hate 'em. Not much middle ground I'm afraid.

I reckon if you do a search for them you'll be hard pushed to find a supplier - there's a good reason for that; not many GTV drivers would choose to go down that route. You'll also notice that there are loads of options for cars that would generally be catogorised as 'chav mobiles'. That should tell you something. However, cars that have them as original equipment tend to suit them and I wouldn't dare classify them in that category. Regardless, your GTV will give you plenty of other things to spend your hard earned cash on.

IMO, the aftermarket dials quality is never a patch on the original equipment and you risk being disappointed with the results after spending a good few quid and a good few hours fitting - plus you'll probably wreck the old dials taking them off so there's no way back.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
AO Platinum Member

Post some pictures if you do change them...
AO Member

FYI, I was looking at changing the back lights on my switches and dash from the green to my favorite red that I normally do with my cars. I was disheartened to find most of the switches (when you can get into them) have miniature green LEDs and not bulbs. AHHHHHH!

Some are surface mounted onto the switch PCBs and you don't have a hope in hell of even replacing them with red LEDs.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider