Replacement key fob & a bird sound - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

Replacement key fob & a bird sound

Weird title, so here goes.
Recently bought my 99 GTV. All keys (3 red and 1brown) but no remote fobs. It is a meta alarm and alfa told me that I cannot get a replacement remote fob unless I have one that they can copy - is this true! Have a red meta credit card if that helps the situation.

Intermittently there is a noise that can only be described as a bird chirping. It is so much like this that i thought i had one nesting somewhere in the car. Cannot be sure if it is from the front or the back. Not expecting too much response from this question...but you never know.

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS

Re: Replacement key fob & a bird sound

I got two new key fob casings to replace the battered ones I got when I bought my car, which obviously didn't include the circuit board etc. It would seem mad for Alfa not to be able to provide spares if necessary if you haven't the original in the first place. Can't remember whats on my cards and if that would help I'm afraid...

That said, he you can't just pick up spares without originals then it would help in car crime prevention!!

The whistling could be something like the bearings in something the belts are driving... variator, water pump, alternator perhaps on its way to being in need of renewing? Hard to know when you're not sure where its coming from. Fuel pump even? Hmmm.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bird , fob , key , replacement , sound