My original horns were really on their last legs, so ive changed them.
For others interested in doing the same:
- These are the horns I used, they work perfectly, are cheap, and were delivered extremely quickly.
- Fitting is quite simple. However the horns will not pass out of the gap between the cross member and the front bumper... its close, but they wont quite do it
So, you need to release the two large bolts under the headlights so the bumper is somewhat looser. This allows you to get the extra 1cm or so in flex, allowing you to pass the horns out/in.
- Its quite fiddly; to make your life easier a 10mm ratchet spanner is a big help. Plus, make sure you have a magnetic wand for picking up the bolt(s) which you WILL inevitably drop a few times.
- Its all a bit of a tight squeeze, but its manageable.
- Total work time from start to finish is about 30 mins. If your bumper bolts have never been loosened off before then they will be a pig and should be attacked with heat first to loosen things off. My were last loosened about 18 months ago, so came off easily.
So, 30mins work, £6 invested, and a much louder and safer set of horns as a result. Worth doing