Cybox fitted, my thoughts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 2 Post By Rewe
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 21-02-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Norfolk

Member car:

Cybox fitted, my thoughts

After the centre and tail section of my exhaust parted company, I have just fitted a cybox cat back exhaust.

I hope the following is of some use to someone:

It looks very well made. Not the neatest welds I've ever seen but pretty good.

I offered £285 to cover the £15 postage. I expect I could have bid less

I got the twin outlet tail. It looks way better than it shows on the ebay ad! They really should do some close up pics.

I managed the whole job easily enough on my own by backing the rear wheels up ramps. It would be even easier with a ramp or pit.

It is easier to unbolt the exhaust rubber mounts than to try to wrestle them under the car. Silicone spray helps.

There is no room to get an angle grinder on the cat to mid section bolts. Plus gas and patience was all I needed. They aren't on tight and were not too corroded (first time they have been disturbed from new)

it comes in 3 sections. I started at the cat and worked back, leaving everything loose until the last mount was on. Then I adjusted everything to where I wanted it to go and tightened it all up.

The heat shield behind the cat will need flattening out a bit to fit the first silencer. It bends easily by hand.

My rubber hangers were all in decent shape but I took the opportunity to stick a ziplock round them for some extra security.

I had read about the potential weak hanger, the one welded to the top of the pipe by the second silencer. It looked strong enough to me but reinforced it with an exhaust clamp anyway. That added a pound to the job!

The fit is near perfect! The only thing that lets it down slightly is that the tail is just slightly too wide for the bumper cutout. Mine needs about 2 mm shaved from both sides to give an even gap all the way round. It is central and the height is perfect, it is just too wide. Not a big problem and I would rather be doing this than trying to bend pipes or hangers without a torch.

The sound is pretty good. Perfectly acceptable for the neighbours, no droning and a bit deeper and louder than standard.

All in all, it is well made, good value, easy to fit, looks good and sounds good. It gets my vote
RiverNiall and AL159 like this.
Sponsored Links

Member car:

Thanks for taking the time to write this. Very helpful
AO Member
County: Peterborough
Excellent write up.

I fitted the exact same exhaust to my Ph2 V6 and experienced the same well made product.

Just throaty enough to be fun but not annoying and the tail pipes look almost factory fitment.
AO Member
County: Norfolk-
Originally Posted by moynesey View Post
Excellent write up.

I fitted the exact same exhaust to my Ph2 V6 and experienced the same well made product.

Just throaty enough to be fun but not annoying and the tail pipes look almost factory fitment.
Hi All I agree with all that's been said, ive just fitted one to my PH2 Zoe Yellow I ordered one with no tail pipe as the single outlet looked a bit naf and the twin outlet looked a bit big so I paid £265.00
including delivery and got myself a twin outlet that fits within the cutout, yes fits well exactly as you said the only thing as im picky is its not quite in the middle of the valance cut out, but will be taking the car off the road for the winter and revamping the
rusty suspension part and will address this then but yes it sounds just right,
very good write up thanks.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

cybox , fitted , thoughts