Rear wheel bearing replacement - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Rear wheel bearing replacement

I finally plan on getting round fitting the rear wheel bearing i bought months ago and have a quick question i wonder if someone could help me out with,

In the workshop manual it shows two wrenches required, one for the hub nut and one of the back of the stub axle, the nut is 32mm but does anyone know the size needed for the rear of the stub axle? I dont want to start only to find its bigger than anything i've got.

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Re: Rear wheel bearing replacement

Forget about the rear nut, you need a large allan key for that. When I changed mine, I just undid the hub nut and the bearing just slid off. Well one of them did, the other I had to angle grind off. Check out this post and all should be clear.
Re: Rear wheel bearing replacement

This should be an easy job Garry. The ones I have taken off have just slid straight off after the hub nut is removed so no need to remove the stub axle,as Quicksnac said. Just make sure you pull it off square.There's no reason for a bearing like this to be an interference fit on the stub axle so the new one should slide straight back on,do it gently and don't use any force or it will get stuck and then when you try to pull it off to try again the bearing may come apart.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bearing , rear , replacement , wheel