Spider for sale/spares. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire
Spider for sale/spares.

Hi All,

A very good friend of mine has decided to sell his 2.0L T-spark 916 Spider in Metallic Red, below is his e-mail description to me of the car so anyone is interested please PM me and I will forward his details.

Description Below.

The car would have to be collected from Farnham, Surrey. I do drive the car every day so it should be fine to drive a reasonable distance but you would have to be careful parking somewhere you might need to reverse quickly!

I get my new car delivered just before Christmas so I would want to sell this one by the 19th latest or it goes to the garage for scrap.

The car has done 113,000 miles with the (top half of the) engine rebuilt and cambelt replaced at 72,000.
It’s taxed and MOTed until the end of March 2015.
The car has roll bars which I spent a fair bit of money on and a couple of which are currently on eBay for £250 and £299.

The gearbox occasionally gets stuck in 5th (you can pull it out though) and it takes a LOT of goes to get it into reverse.
The engine has developed a whining noise which is noisier/higher pitched according to revs. This appears to be coming from the fan belt area.
The injector light comes on a lot and the engine idles badly – I have tried injector cleaner but not sorting it out this time!
The battery has had it, holds a charge for a little bit more than 24 hours at the moment.
The paint on the lid for the roof compartment is peeling.
The drivers seat has a chunk out of the side of it.
There’s a small split in the rear bumper.
There’s a lot of marks on the centre console around the gear shift and handbrake.
The roof leaks into the passenger side, mainly behind the seat but passengers have complained of a wet bum!

Here’s some pictures:

Alfa Spider
which is Based in Farnham, Surrey. I have copied his description from correspondance he and I have had.

Phat 33.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
ive sent a message!
AO Member
County: Leicestershire
Definately seen better days lol

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

sale or spares , spider