not the best start....gtv - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 04-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

159 sportwagon

not the best start....gtv

only had the GTV for three weeks now but not the best start. Cured the leaky sunroof, cheers for all the advice which was spot on.
mid section of exhaust has gone, replacement arrived today.
Clutch pedal lost all umph the other day but has been fine since ??
small fluid leak noticed yesterday not convinced its oil ??

Due to problems on GTV decided to take the 145 which merely highlighted how woefully underpowered the GTV is. Bothe 2ltr TS engines yet 145 pulls way better all through the revs. GTV does seem to pick up around 4500 revs though. Any ideas folks or similar experiences would be welcomed as i have waited years to take the plunge and want to sort it all out and fall in love again.....
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Re: not the best start....gtv

Sorry to hear that verence.
If it's any consolation my whole life with the GTV is spent in terror that each new noise is a caused by a new and exciting way it's found to torment my wallet. In reality though, in the 18mths I've owned it, it's been more reliable than the brand new pug 206 I had before it. The only things it's needed replacing are things that just wear out (bushes etc) and are to be expected on a car of it's age.

The TS definately isn't the fastest thing on the road, but I wouldn't say it's underpowered. Mine pulls from about 3k and does enough to me entertained on the back roads. It does seem to suffer from some quite long gearing though. Having said that, I do have plans for "enhancements" for it

Stick with it though, for all it's faults I still get out of mine, look back at and it puts a smile on my face.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider