poly n moly! Have
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Some engine electrical component are sensitive to voltage spikes, say from a battery being connected with the key in the on position, charging whilst battery connected, diode failure in alternator, poor earths, hight tension ignition leak, connecting a jump lead wrong, connecting a jump lead, reving an engine that was jumping another, working on electrics without disconnecting battery.
If bulbs are blowing, or lights alter brightness with engine revs, it may be a sign the alternators overcharging. Usually they boil the electrolyte out of the battery and send corrosive fumes that rot out the electrical connectors under the bonnet very quickly. Blow bulbs. It will ruin a new battery within a week sometimes!!! If its overcharging get yourself some electrical fluid and grease, you'll need it!