2003 Ph 2 916 Spider battery Replacement - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 17-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Lancashire
2003 Ph 2 916 Spider battery Replacement

Hi All,

My battery is on its way out now its coming cold. I've checked the voltage coming into the battery when the car is idling and it's 13.94V. I want to put a new battery on the car. I've been told that it's a 70 AH one. I've also been told some scare stories when removing the old battery. The 1st is that if you remove the positive terminal first it can cause the Airbag light to come on and it knackers the module for the airbag. The 2nd is the alarm. I have a key fob but in the book it tells you to turn the alarm off with a key (I know I haven't got any more keys). Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

I wouldn't worry too much about the risks of upsetting the airbag ECU when disconnecting the battery.

Just make sure the ignition is off and the keys removed from the ignition.

In the past year I have disconnected my battery dozens of times (I even keep a spanner in the cubby for this reason) without any issue.

The reason is that I had problems last year with the Code immobiliser meaning that I was doing a hard reset numerous times(it didn't work!) and now the passenger door window regulator doesn't work and if the window button is accidentally pressed the mechanism goes in to some kind cycling which can only be stopped by disconnecting the battery.

AS for the alarm I can't comment. I don't have a fob and I've never been able to use it
AO Silver Member
County: West Midlands
got me a battery of ebay that was 50 delivered 4 yr guarantee and it was over spec

and as stated i have removed battery more times than i care to mention and no issue at all

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

2003 , 916 , battery , replacement , spider