opinions please - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #26 of 30 Old 29-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Durham

Member car:

For starters it had that unloved look like it hadn't been given a decent wash or Hoover for years, missing aerial, epoxy on interior trim where bits had been glued back on, also not being clean it was hard to inspect the bodywork to try and work out why it had been a cat c write off in the past. I see now that he has reduced the car in price a bit but still not enough to entice me back down there. Don't get me wrong I know for the money I won't get a perfect car, I'd just like one that looks like it's been cared for.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

If you do find one you like that's a CAT C or D, I wouldn't let it put you off if it's a decent car. Even mainstream insurers like Axa will insure a C now. Just make sure you check with them before handing the cash over to avoid finding out the hard way.
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6 24v

Originally Posted by caisar156 View Post
That'll be the folding roof. Oh, hang on it's a GTV

I'm no expert but the wear on the driver's bolster looks more than you'd expect from 52k.
I agree with caisar156 that bolster says way more miles. I have the blue style interior on 104k and there's not even a mark on my bolster. I'll post a pic later.
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Personally I think its a bargain. The 17" Teledials and stainless exhaust are nearly worth half the asking price of the car! As mentioned, it is a rare color combo too. Full MOT. V6. Rear boot spoiler. For that kind of money even if you throw another 1000 into it you still have a very good cheap car that will hold its value. As these get rarer, which they will, Cat c or D wont matter to many folk. If I didn't have as many cars myself I would have got this asap.
AO Member
County: Vale of Glamorgan
I don't see anything there that would really put me off - you are buying a car to improve and cherish, its not priced as one that is 100%.
I think it has a lot of positives (colour, kit, extras) and that would be worth considering if you want one to keep and gradually improve.

Regarding the bolster wear indication, well that's subjective. You don't know the history of the owners. You can have a 100,000 miler that is always used long distances (so doesn't wear as much from constantly getting in and out) versus a low miler that is used for 5 minutes down the road 5 times a day and wears far higher.
Or even the size of the arse that is using it! :-)

In my view, V6's are rare on the market and yes this is not brilliant, but its possibly not that bad either.

Alfa V6 - one of the best sounding engines ever made.....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider