Nearside Window Leak - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 17-04-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

2000 GTV 2.0 TS

Nearside Window Leak

Hi all,

Firstly, many thanks to everyone who has posted on GTV idle problems previously, I think I've finally fixed mine after having the throttle body off and giving everything a good clean.

Had the GTV for two weeks now and asides from the idle, I've had another small teething problem:

When I wash the car (and, I'm assuming when it rains although it hasn't yet), a small amount of water gets through and runs down the inside of the nearside window, I presume this is a height/angle adjustment problem and will try adjusting.

In addition, a fair amount of water seems to run down the inside of the door between the outer-side of the window and the rub-strip against the glass - I think this as after washing, when I bring the window up/down there are streaky water marks left on the outside of the window for a couple of days afterwards.

Not sure if this was the cause of my electric window problem but on the first wash, the nearside window stopped working for approx 1hr and then started again with a clunk (I assumed it had dried out)...

Any ideas, do I need to look into a replacement rub strip?

Thanks for your help,

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Nearside Window Leak

hello all:

Mine also have this problem, when heavy rain , it's obvious is the rub strip not perfect fit, I supect is it work after replace the new one can solve the probelm , i also want to know
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

I've had this too, I think it's a common problem with frameless windows. i had to take the door card off and play with the adjustments for the windows. Mine were sitting too high so when they were shut went too far above the seals, and also the angle needed adjusting to make sure they sat against the rubber properly.
It's a fiddly job and my drivers door is now sorted, but I need to readdress the issue with the near side door as it doesn't sit in the rubber when the door is opened then closed again.
i recommend not using jet washes around these areas as it forces the water in, but rain shouldn't be an issue when they're set up correctly.

oh, Wilma Deering, are you still stuck in the 25th Century...?
Kent, UK
GTV 3.0L V6 in metallic Vela Blue
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

GTV 24v

Funny this, I had my drivers side to pieces last week - jolly chuffed with the results - except excessive wind noise from near the mirror. On to the near side now, which appears to just want the stops moving down slightly. I took pains to make sure the stops both contact together, otherwise the thing 'tips' just at the end of it's travle and throws everything out!
Water getting in must be because the seal is 'potatoed' or the runners are postioned too far in in the cross-car sense so the seal can't reach the glass.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

leak , nearside , window