My P1 GTV twinspark for sale (cheap runaround) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

My P1 GTV twinspark for sale (cheap runaround)

I have for sale my GTV, it is a Phase 1, 2 litre twinspark in grigio titanio (Titanium Grey). It has currently covered 137,000 miles, it has MOT until March 11th 2015. Tax is no longer transferable, so you will need to tax the car after purchase.

I have been using the car as a run around for the last 18 months and it has proved to be a reliable little car. I have now purchased another GTV so it is time for this one to go. I will be perfectly honest in my description as the car is not mint and would really suit someone as a cheap run around and is priced accordingly.

Good points:
Powerflexed rear suspension
Chipped so now prefers to run on premium petrol 97 Ron. This has just improved the cars driveabilty, not increased power substantially.
Looks like the exhaust has been altered at some point as there is certainly one of the middle silencers missing which gives the car a slightly more raspy sound.
Wheels look like they have been refurbed, they come up lovely after a clean.
Has 4 keys including the needed Brown Master
Upgraded speakers, alpine tweeters and rears and infinity fronts.
Fair bit of history, most recent detailed below.

114,558 Cambelt, variator, rocker cover gaskets replaced
115,000 New front brake disc and pads.
115,600 Oil filter and oil change.
118,150 Rear brake pads and caliper refurb.
120,900 Oil filter and oil change.
120,900 New aerial.
121,601 2x new rear tyres
123,482 2 x rear drop links
127,101 Oil change and filter
128,899 New thermostat and clutch slave cylinder
132,048 Upper right rear wishbone replaced and 2 new front tyres
135,324 Replaced windscreen wiper control module.

Bad points
Could really do with a cambelt change, probably on time more than mileage.

Just noticed a slightly damp passenger footwell, think the drains under the scuttle pan have become blocked with leaves and debris over the summer, so a quick clean should sort this.

Very slight blow on the Exhaust, although garage said its not bad enough to replace and passed MOT.

Brake Fluid warning light comes on when you accelerate hard. Was told this is either low fluid (checked and fluid is full) or sensor faulty on the top of the reservoir. Doesn't worry me so have not looked to change it.

Paintwork is not in great condition. There is a patch on the bonnet in the corner up near the window that has had an attempted re-spray at some point and doesn't quite match. It doesn't show up on the pictures or from a distance but up close you can see it. It looks like the same has also been done on the rear bumper so there are patches that don't quite look the same, again not noticeable on the pictures or from a distance but up close you will see.

Alarm doesn't work, it has been switched off or hasn't worked since I had it. I believe the early alarms on these were problematic so a previous owner has probably disconnected it. Therefore you need to use the key to open the door.

I have tried to be as honest as possible in my description and as I said, the car will make someone a fun cheap run around for a while. It is great fund to drive and does bring a smile to your face and I have enjoyed driving her. She is an Alfa so expect fun and niggles in equal measure 😊

Happy to send more pics by email, can't seem to upload more on here at the moment

Price is £400

If you need any further information pop me an email on or text me on 07922149283
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (132.6 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Suffolk
For the sake of 400 quid, I'd keep it for spares, if you have another GTV that may or may not need some bit's n' pieces over time.
AO Gold Member
County: Kent
Sounds like a bargain
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 26-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

If I had somewhere to keep her I probably would, but I only have off road parking. Plus I need some work doing on my recently purchased V6, so the money will help a little with that.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

cheap , gtv , runaround , sale , twinspark