Project: Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-04-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Well Happy Project: Spider

Right then.

Shelled out my hard hard earned cash for a spider machine nine months ago and now in the process of returning it to it's former glory.

My question is this: the dappy women who owned it previously left wonder wheels on for too long and it has damaged the alloys lacquer. Prefering the standard look of the car, I want them refurbed - anyone used companies in the London/Essex area ? Do i use a mobile agent who'll just paint the face of the wheel or go for the send away-dip-them-in-acid process - the last thing I want is for it to look like some knob has just painted them ! Failing that anyone selling some 16's !?

Next on the list is the rubber where the windscreen and hood meet has perished, leaving a dirty hole - looks tatty - anyone experienced similar problems caused by the roof resting on the screen and had it rectified ?

Ta !

P.S. Pictures to follow !
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Spider

Re: Project: Spider

Which spider do you have? Mines a 97 model and the hood seals are fine, as far as I know the new seals can be pricey.

I've been looking for someone to refurb my alloys for a while but I think I'm just going to buy some new ones. The acid dipping method is far more reliable to give a good finish and will last longer so thats the way to go.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 12-04-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Got a 98 S-Plate in Silver. Service history has a quote for hood seals - £180+VAT from a main agent - ouch. Rumour has it they can sometimes repair them...
Global Mod Team
County: Milano

Good luck with the project

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

project , spider