Sparco Strut brace - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Somerset
The thing we have to remember is that most of our cars are around 15 years or older. That's a lot of bending and twisting of the chassis every time we go over a bump or pot hole. The chassis rigidity which was quite good when new, now has deteriorated by a considerable amount, probably not helped by some corrosion of seams in places we don't know about. So adding a strut brace will to a certain extent help to redress the balance.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Gauteng

Member car:

GTV 2.8 Turbo

AO Member
County: Vale of Glamorgan
I have said on different threads over the years that a strut brace has helped my Spider's rigidity. I think it definitely makes more sense in the spider than a GTV, but that's always subjective.
AO Member
County: -
I read this strut brace correspondence with great interest. I purchased a Phase 1 TS a little while ago and fitted a FULL set of Ultra Racing strut bars, that is one front upper bar (which fitted easily with no bonnet or other issues), a lower strut bar, two lower middle bars and a rear lower bar and a bar in the boot (which I note was the subject of some amusement earlier correspondence!). there is a definite improvement in the general feel of the car as the floppy feeling when cornering has been reduced but the rattles seem much the same, Both the doors are coming apart soon to renew the window mechanisms and anything else that is worn as that is where the major rattles are.
I have also just purchased a 2005 3.2 Spider and have fitted a Weichers upper strut bar which fitted easily apart from having to bend slightly a bracket carrying a relay on the N/S. That bar comes with spacers and long Allen keys to replace some of the original bolts. I will be fitting other bars but can't find the front lower bar to fit the V6,
the bar from the TS will not fit because of the V6 exhaust but somewhere on here I read that the bar from a 156 will fit, anyone know?
I am also going to fit Bilstein progressive springs which are the same length as standard but should absorb some of the initial crashing and banging that happens over minor bumps and ridges. I am wavering between Koni sport shock absorbers and the normal red ones and am thinking of the Alfaholics roll bars kit but it seems expensive. The rear of the car will be polybushed as well and I hope to end up with a decent handling and reasonably comfortable car without too many rattles!
Any comments or experiences of similar work will be much appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

brace , sparco , strut