Newbie and excited - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 09-10-14 Thread Starter
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Newbie and excited

Hi all, I have now got my hands on a 1999 V6 GTV and love it, what a motor!!! Its not been on the road for the last 12 months so have been tinkering like mad to re-commission it ready for the MOT this Saturday Its just turned 100k and have a stack of invoices for work done inc. cambelt at 96k. Like I said ive been looking at different things and tinkering with it and have got a couple of questions for you to maybe answer, this particular car is only 5 speed, not that it bothers me and I have come to the conclusion that maybe 5 speed is better?
Was 6 speed an option as there are older models with 6 speed and I just presumed the newer the car it would've have 6 speed?
I cant seem to find the boot release button in the glovebox, did they all have them?
Ive been reading about the reset switch in the footwell but the threads I have read lead me to believe its passengers side, mine is drivers side?
Thanks in advance for any info, I cant wait to get it on the road and cruise!!! (as long as it passes)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
My reset switch is in the drivers side footwell,and the boot release is on the upper right hand side of the glovebox.enjoy
AO Silver Member
County: Worcestershire
6 speed gearbox came in on 1999 models with the Aero Pack. Cars earlier than 1999 will have been retrofitted.

The boot release is in the glovebox to the right near lamp. The button is upside down or you have to push up towards roof of glovebox to activate. Note it only works with ignition off.
AO Member
County: Glamorgan
Read Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's personal website for GTV timeline info.
Timeline » Yaroslav Bozhdynsky's Personal Website

3.0 V6 24V got 6-speed manual gearbox as an option in May 1998.
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6 24v

Hi, welcome to our mad wonderful world. In case you didn't know the colour of your car is Vela Blue, same as mine. I'm not too far from you so could possibly lend a hand if needed.

(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 10-10-14 Thread Starter
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Thanks for your kind replies, that link was very informative and has given me a bit more of an insight of these cracking machines. My questions have been answered and just need to find that boot release now. Thanks GTV_Blue I might need to take that offer up sometime.
Thanks again and have a good weekend!!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

excited , newbie