Well. Regrettably the chap who was interested - and put a deposit down - on my Boxster has pulled out, so this is all up in the air once more, and truth be told most likely on hold until spring, during which I'll hopefully have an easier time of shifting my car.
I'm sure Clive could have specced a car to exactly what I was after, and after pricing up what I want it would seem that as an option, his cars weren't too bad on price, but alas.
Sorry - didn't want to leave this thread as another one of those where the OP just vanished without any resolution. I should be back in 6 months or so, at which point at least I'll know what car to buy!