Back in the GTV fold - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-09-14 Thread Starter
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

Back in the GTV fold

Have had my GTV 3.0 for a few weeks now having bought it from Autostilo in London. Must put in a good word for Massimo who really went out of his way to make sure it was sorted before I picked it up - very nice guy and would recommend a visit if you are passing, if only to have a look at his cars and have a chat.

Car is gunmetal grey with 100k on the clock but runs perfectly. Was a bit wary about the upgrades (Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks, poly bushes, uprated discs, strut brace, Raggazon back box, GTA flywheel and clutch) and to be fair the ride is pretty crashy at slow speed. However when you get it going it is fantastic! No body roll, corners like it is on rails, sounds superb, goes like the clappers and cruises very sedately.

Working in Aberdeen for the last 6 months so have had a few drives down to home near York - through the Borders is just a great drive if you know where the cameras are! I admit it is a bit lairy and childish as I'm not exactly in the first flush of youth but then what the heck!! Fab performance for very little money.

Just thought I would share my enjoyment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTV 1.jpg (8.4 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg GTV 2.jpg (8.6 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by stoon01; 19-09-14 at 10:00.
Sponsored Links
Regional Representative
For the South East - AOSE
County: Kent
Seeing your post, I should re-tax mine seeing as summer is back!! Glad to hear you're enjoying the V6

I've had a few things off Massimo, top bloke .. Really helpful, genuine nice guy who looks after his customers.
AO Member
County: Worcestershire

Member car:

I had a look at the Autostilo GTV earlier this year and it was high on my list of favourites although I ended up buying mine locally.

I hope you enjoy it.

+1 for Massimo, really helpful and a true Alfa fan.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

back , fold , gtv