MOT Emissions Failure - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-03-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
Hmmm MOT Emissions Failure

Well just thought I'd share this with a few folks that might gleen a little info from it.

Took the '04 spider for it's first MOT last week not expecting anything to be wrong although it did have the EOBD light on which I was waiting to get looked at .
Sitting in the waiting room listening to the revvvvving of the engine I began to think "whats all this then" . Only to be told that it had failed on high exhaust emissions. So a call to SGT's in Taplow , booked me in for Wed this week to look at the EOBD light and the emissions fault.

After about 30 mins at SGT's they came out saying there was a fault with 2 of the Lambda sensors and it would take about 2 hours to fix. Thinking of the 80 per hour labour charge I was about to make for the credit card when they stated it was a known fault and there was a service bulletin detaling the job required and it would be covered under the warranty result especially as the warranty runs out in 3 days.

They said they had to solder the connections to the sensors and all would be fine . Not sure of the location of the sensors but thought this might come in handy for someone.

So glad I took the car in for the MOT a week before the first reg date cos the warranty ran out 3 days after SGT's carried out the work.

I did ask them of any other items that they know about , they listed a few , the connections to the seat sensor gets dislodged from moving the seats back n forth , air bag sensors in the sides of the boot sometimes get knocked if you try to fit in large pieces of luggage ( takes about 2 hours to get to connections ) and some roof leaks .
So with no warranty left now I hope these items don't crop up or I'll just have to them myself

p.s. I did pass the retest btw
Sponsored Links
Re: MOT Emissions Failure

glad to hear you passed

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

emissions , failure , mot