My 3.0 V6 GTV For Sale... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
My 3.0 V6 GTV For Sale...

Hi, guys.

A change in circumstances means I'm going to be moving to the centre of a city next month where there is no parking available, so my 3.0 GTV is reluctantly up for sale.

I'll start by saying if you want perfection, this isn't it. I bought it as a rolling light restoration project because it drove so well when I went to see it, but it does need a few things sorting.

It is currently missing most of its interior as I was in the process of changing over to the red style interior plus black carpet and headlining (minus seats). This can be included with the car by separate negotiation, and the black interior will be included if someone wants it. I could also put the black interior back in the car if the new owner doesn't want the red style stuff.

Some information about the car...

1998 on an S plate.

16" teardrop wheels in overall good condition with matching Avon ZV5 tyres.

5 speed gearbox. Goes into gear nicely and the clutch feels good.

120,096 miles, but it pulls like a train in every gear. It drives better than cars I test drove with half its mileage.

Titanium grigio (grey) with black interior (seats are near mint - no wear at all) in nice condition for its age. It has some age related marks, but is very straight with no rust.

CSC dual exit stainless steel exhaust (it sounds phenomenal)

Tax has expired - it has been off the road for the interior swap for the last few weeks, but has been started and run up to temperature regularly, however the new tax laws come in next month so I don't believe it would carry over anyway... (?)

MOT expires 14 October. No advisories on previous MOT.

Lots of service stamps in the book and receipts from the past 4 or 5 years including things like a cambelt change, brake rebuild, new radiator, etc. - the cambelt is due again in the next 8 or 9 months though.

Only one red key, however it does come with the brown master key.

Sony stereo with aux/USB inputs.

Known faults...

Blowing from the front pipes.

Needs some cosmetic TLC - rear bumper/boot (previous owner caught it with a bike) and the front bumper could do with a respray due to stone chips and there are a couple of very small car park dents down the side (but better than most GTVs I've seen!)

Some of the suspension might benefit from a refresh - not sure on this as it drives better than any other GTV I drove before buying this one. New front wishbones are included with the car though as this was a job I was going to do regardless.

The driver's side check strap doesn't work, however a replacement is included with the car. I just haven't got around to fitting it.

It currently has no interior... However this has allowed me to see that the floor is clean and rust-free

In my ownership I've replaced the rear light cluster and front grille as the old ones were past their best and changed the oil and filter 2,000 miles ago with Shell Helix fully synthetic 5w40 - I haven't had to top it up yet, but the rest of the oil will be included for any necessary top ups.

I'll be very sad to see this car go as, despite its faults, I absolutely love it! Needs must though...

Asking price: 1,500 - no offers at this time please.

Red style interior available by separate negotiation - this will be up for sale if it does not go with the car.

I also have a set of Alfaholics front pipes which might be up for sale, however I've promised my friend first refusal on these if I ever sold the car...

Any questions, please ask away! I've probably missed something

Some pics taken during my ownership - I'll hopefully get out there tonight or tomorrow to take a few of the car sans interior

Last edited by Tediore; 02-03-15 at 02:44.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , sale