Door/Boot Open Light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-09-14 Thread Starter
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0 1997

Door/Boot Open Light

I have 2 questions that I would love you to answer.

1. since I bought my GTV 2.0 it has on the dash 2 lights that show the passenger door and boot open when they are closed. the interior light goes off when the door is closed but the dash light stays on. This means I cannot use the alarm.
My question is how do I either fix what's wrong or link them out some how?

2. My roof lining hangs down so low that it touches my head. What is the best and easiest way to re attach it to the car roof. The previous owner tried spray glue which was totally useless.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in these matters

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Somerset
Hi Liam,

Don't know about the boot, but I've had the driver's door do the same on my Spider. Take the door card off and find the two cables going up to the door latch / lock. If you can unplug them, clean the contacts with contact cleaner and see if that helps - check it before putting the door card back on! For me it was enough - I think moisture had been finding its way in. Once I'd reconnected the two connections I wrapped them thoroughly with electrical tape.

If it doesn't do the job, a second hand latch can be sourced from any of the breakers on EBay? To remove, it's just a few bolts in the edge of the door. Hardest part (if I can remember right) I had was disconnecting the plastic connecting bar from the door open push button!!!

You'll find a load more with a search on here

History - 1999 156 2.0 TS - 1999 GTV 2.0 TS - 2000 GTV 2.0 TS, 2000 166 2.5 V6 24V - 2002 147 2.0 TS - 2004 147 2.0 TS
Current - 2001 Spider 2.0 TS, 2006 Jaguar XK8, 2006 VW Golf GTi
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Boot open warning light.

Hi Liam,
I had exactly the same problem with the boot open warning light. I guess something goes wrong with the micro switch causing the light to stay on. What I ended up doing was removing the plastic plugs which secure the trim on the inside of the boot lid in the area of the lock/badge. You will find a single wire there which goes to the switch near the lock which you can pull off. This should put the light out, the faulty switch should really be replaced or fixed as you will now be able to open the boot with the key whilst the rest of the car is still centrally locked without triggering the alarm. just make sure you don't close the boot with the keys inside! Hope this helps.

AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
For the headlining, you're on to a loser trying to fix it. You either need a replacement from another car or re-cover your existing one.

There's a guide on how to re-cover here

( you'll need to create an account to view it ).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

door or boot , light , open