V6 exhaust bracket - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 03-03-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
V6 exhaust bracket

Help! info needed on the bracket that joins the cat to the underside of a V6.
At my GTV V6s last service the mechanic showed me the mess the exhaust system was in, including a horible bodge on one of the flexis that a previous owner had carried out. I needed a complete new exhaust system.
As I was looking for an excuse to upgrade the sound of the engine I saw this as an (expensive) opportunity so I looked around for a complete stainless steel systems. Alfaholics have one but it seems a bit expensive. Some of the other suppliers do the back box but not the cat and front pipes so I contacted one of them and they agreed to make up the front pipes and cat free of charge if I sent them mine as a pattern and purchased the back box from them. This was too good to miss so I took them up on it.
I removed the whole exhaust and sent them the front pipes and cat all in one piece as they wanted it as complete as possibe to accurately make up the pattern.
A week or so later the shiny new exhaust arrived but without the bit that fits around the join of the cat and front pipes and secures the exhaust to the body of the car. When I called them they said it had fallen apart when they removed it so they threw it away!
I contacted a couple of Alfa dealers and in talking to them I realised this was not going to be simple. It seems there are different versions and there have been upgrades.
I ordered one from Perry's of Ayelesbury which should have been right for the chassis number of the car but it obviously was not. On my car there are two "pins" that slide into the rubber mounts that hang from the body on either side of the exhaust tunnel. On the one they sent (and all the ones in the Alfa parts book) there is just one central pin.
Also in the Alfa parts book all the V6 exhaust systems showed the lambda sensor fixed into the cat. On mine there is one on the front pipe and another on the manifold.
Can anyone throw any light on this or tell me where or how I can get the bracket that has the 2 pins.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bracket , exhaust