Water Leak PT2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-03-07 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

2002 GTV T.Spark

Water Leak PT2

Some of you may have read my last post concerning a water leak in the passenger footwell, that is now sorted thanks to good advice from howmuch. However the other day i noticed a whole new waterleak again in the passenger footwell. It was coming from under the plastic trim on the passenger side where the trim curles up towards the side kick pannel. At first i thought that the door rubber may have been ripped, so pulled off the sill trim...the seal was fine.Pulled of a few more rubber bits and all seemed ok.Then i took off the A-post cover and noticed that the foam covering was soaked at the point where it sits down beside the dash,also the felt at the back of the dash was wet .What i eventually discovered after about 2 houres of pulling things off including the main door seal(NOT recomended) was this. In the door shut on the A-post is a big square'ish piece of rubber, the water was seeping in behind there and the Grommit that holds this in place was not pushed home propperly, water went in this hole made it's way to the A-post trim eventually soaking it,and when the foam coulden't hold any more water it dripped down into a hollow piece of rubber at the side of the dash that runs down behind the sill trim and then dripped all over my lovley red carpets.So if any of you have this leak just push the little gromit home and save yourself a whole lot of trouble trying to re-fit the door seal.....and everything else

Anonima Lambarda Fabbrica automobili

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

leak , pt2 , water