quick questions. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
quick questions.

Firstly, briught my car with 76000 miles about 10 months ago, now done 82000 miles, had cam belt change already. was serviced before i purchased so at about 75000. When should i get it serviced again based on this?

Also i need a new Exhaust system, i think the whole lot as looks bit worse for wear all the way down to the back. How would i go about this, shouls i get a garage to order one in foir me then fit, or do the companies on t'interweb fit it for me? what coat would i be looking at?
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa gtv

Re: quick questions.

Air, filter and oil I would go 10k miles or though a lot favour 6k, guess it depends on your type of mileage. Major service cam belt, variator etc 36k miles.

Consider a stainless system, they are in some cases cheaper than buying an original. Larini amongst others do a google search. Most will need to be fitted by your local exhaust place, most should be able to do this work competently.
AO Platinum Member

The fella has to be serviced at 12,000 mile intervals, so assuming your was done on time, the last service "just before you bought it" would have been at 72,000.

If the cam-belt and tensioners were changed, they'll run to 108,000 now - the change interval is now 36,000 miles.

Next service is 84,000, though an oil/filter/airfilter change at 78,000 won't hurt.

If your fella didn't have the cam-belt and tensioner changed (i.e you don't have a receipt for it - don't take the garage's word for it!) change it immediately and then get back onto the official schedule. Next service 84,000 etc.

Exhausts depend on how long you're going to keep it. A stock mild-steel system will last 3 or 4 years. Genuine parts will last 5 or more. Stainless can be built to fit and will last forever but then it costs 50% more than a genuine Part pipe, so quite right too!

My view is that a good system that costs twice as much but lasts twice as long is better than a half the price, half the life system, as you save all that arsing about changing it.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
AO Platinum Member

I agree with Ralf, and would recommend the Larini system which costs about £400

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

questions , quick