Exhaust options back box - list 2014 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 26-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Exhaust options back box - list 2014

I've just been through the common what exhaust scenario as OE back section has fallen to pieces so I thought it would be handy to have a thread with years and options so it is easily found each time someone needs an exhaust.

OE tail pipe is 160+VAT + fitting. My tailpipe fell to pieces after splitting like a banana.

The powerflow option was 290 roughly including fitting for a complete replacement tail minus the little box so the rest is entirely original and without partially cut pipes. The exhaust is straighter and doesn't have the looped in an out to the back box, it's in one side and out the other. Rest of exhaust is entirely original OE so it is perfectly quiet until the rear of the car.... which is now fruity without being droning and annoying

Oval tail pipe similar to the OE look which fits nicely into the gap in the rear plastic bumper is 30+VAT.

They said an entire cat back was about 550 I think so I went for the cheaper option. This was Demon Tweeks in Wrexham.
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 401
County: Mid Glamorgan
Longlife made me a bespoke cat back stainless system for about 350
AO Member
County: Vale of Glamorgan
^400 for a dual twin cat back by Longlife about 10 years ago (!)
AO Member
County: Lancashire

Member car:

I went the Ragazzon straight-through rear pipe route (with a standard middle box) cost approx 250 from a German supplier Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Ragazzon Edelstahl Endrohr 2x70 Ragazzon Edelstahl Endrohr 2x70 32098

although Gazella Racing supply them in the UK. I read a couple of bad experiences with Gazella on here and decided I'd try and avoid having the same thing happen.

Similar to OP, sounds lovely without being at all annoying in the cabin. Tiny bit of boom around 2.5k but I think even that's going as it soots up.
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
I had MIJ at Walsall make me & fit new cat back sports box with a single exit....about 280 fitted & it makes a lovely noise now I've done about 1000 miles. You have a choice of tail pipes & you could even go from 3 boxes to 1 for a little more noise. I live in Sth Staffordshire if you fancy meeting up & hearing it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

2014 , back , box , exhaust , list , options